INPEACE’s Keiki Steps program is awarded $2,033,707 under the Education of Native Hawaiians Program.
Keiki Steps: Generational Impact project will meet the school readiness needs of at-risk Native Hawaiian young children and their families through increasing their participation in a high-quality early education program that is culturally grounded, standards-based and literacy focused. The activities of this project are as follows:
- Recruit children, families and teachers from 12 high-poverty Native Hawaiian communities on 3 islands.
- Improve literacy skills.
- Improve school readiness skills.
- Increase the knowledge of children development and positive parenting practices.
- Increase the capacity and competency in early childhood educators.
- Strengthen the understanding of the Hawaiian language, culture and cultural practices.