Mentors & Partnerships
We began assessments on our teaching staff to enhance the quality of the Keiki Steps Program.
Three Keiki Steps sites/ six Keiki steps staff were successful in piloting the CLASS assessment during the 2010 – 2011 school year.
CLASS assessments were closely aligned with our mentorship component, where high achieving early childhood education professionals work closely with faculty to develop engaging curriculum. These mentors also develop effective teaching models that enable our educators to deliver exceptional teaching practices.
All three pilot sites have received expert mentor coaching. The vital mentor coaching with CLASS assessments will allow us to expand to three more sites during the 2011 – 2012 calendar year.
- Kapolei - Barbers Point Elementary School, Cafeteria
- Nānākuli - Nānākuli Elementary School, P10
- Māʻili - Māʻili Elementary School, Cafeteria
- Leihoku - Leihoku Elementary School, Cafeteria
- Waiʻanae - Waiʻanae Elementary School, P6
- Kamaile - Kamaile Academy, Cafeteria
- Mākaha - Mākaha Elementary School, Portable 23
- Ulu Ke Kukui - Room 3
- Hilo – Kaiʻulani
- Kapiʻolani - Kapiʻolani Elementary School, Cafeteria
- Keaukaha - Keaukaha Elementary School, Cafeteria